We currently have an exciting opening for adaptable technical security and controls experts to join our dynamic team on a full or part time permanent basis as an IT Security Controls Tester. Full training, excellent career opportunities and a number of employee benefits will be available to the you.
You will have a good understanding in IT systems and security across different technologies and platforms.
You will be primarily responsible for the testing of defined security and IT general computing controls across markets, and for reporting the results.
You will also have the opportunity to aid the development and continuous improvement of the information security mandatory controls framework and controls testing methodology across the UK and globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn how security and IT controls apply across a wide variety of IT platforms and environments, and a great stepping stone towards a future career in IT.
- Delivery of controls testing activity as required, and support in the delivery of testing activity by other colleagues within the team.
- Reporting on the status of controls testing activity and on issues arising from this testing to colleagues at all levels.
- Identify potential risks and issues and, where required, liaise with Operational and Risk colleagues to formally raise these.
- Aid the development and continuous improvement of the information security mandatory controls framework and controls testing methodology across the UK and globally.
- Support the development of a global controls testing community.
- Independently and effectively lead own workload and time, including maintenance/measuring of personal development plans and objectives.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to junior peers and new recruits on processes and task management. Be positively and actively engaged in the work of the function.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A broad knowledge of IT systems, security and/or day to day IT Operations
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- A dedication to personal development and a desire to learn.
- The ability to work actively and effectively as part of a distributed team to deliver results
- Superb communication and collaboration skills.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree, ideally in a technology related subject and/or relevant organisational and subject matter expertise.
- Relevant industry qualification (e.g. Certified Ethical Hacker, CISA, SSCP, CISSP)
- A specialism in any of the following: Digital Systems, Microsoft Technologies, Unix, Linux, Oracle, Cryptography, Cloud Computing or System Architecture.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FOR THIS ROLE?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact details: Vicky Gianre on 0117 928 4420 or firstname.lastname@example.org