The Informatica Technical Lead is an ETL and data warehouse (DW) specialist (primarily in Informatica Power Centre, Web Analyst, Developer, DVO) that designs, develops, maintains ETL and data warehouse solutions in collaboration with our key business customers and stakeholder (Actuarial) on the Life Data & MI Platform. The Technical Lead is a commercially aware technical expert, who is business facing and who can influence and interpret a high-level requirement into a low level technical solution and then develop an ETL solution to meet that requirement efficiently. This role is very customer focussed, and requires a self starter who is can proactively engage and work alongside actuarial teams in a collaborative manner in mature but complex ETL and DW estate.
This is a great opportunity for a Team Lead/Manager with technical ETL and developer background looking for a new challenge in their career.
Within this team we facilitate over £50b of payment and collections each year which flow through our financial reporting. We provision customer, policy and transaction data supporting valuation, accounting and business MI.
We lead on:
- Bringing together and driving solutions for Finance Systems and Data Warehousing across the UK Businesses.
- Driving platform stability, integrity and security for their customers through robust operational discipline.
- Ensuring that platform change and engagement is simple, fast and cost effective by building world class engineering capability, enabling us to Defy Uncertainty for our customers at pace.
- Ensuring that the platforms remain highly competitive and cost optimised by driving simplification in all aspects, strong partnerships and a culture of innovation and agile working.
- Support Business Units with the implementation of the Aviva Data Strategy, supporting consolidation of data whilst enabling self-service.
- Key systems owned and managed by this area include Oracle eBusiness suite, Banking & Payment systems, Life and GI Data Warehouses as well as modelling systems like Prophet and ALGO.
- Responsible for ETL design and development ensuring ETL processes are coherent, efficient and support the strategy for data architecture within Aviva.
- Manage a small team of developers to ensure that the delivery of the project meets the requirements.
- Able to develop and embedded a strategy around leverage of Informatica Web Analyst and Developer to support incremental business change and self service.
- Act as the ETL technical design expert for new projects (of varying size) and developments, working with actuarial customers to refine requirements and build value adding changes as efficiently as possible (likely from a product backlog).
- Proactively identify improvements required within existing Warehouse solutions and plan redesign work.
- Work with business data experts around complex problems and design and develop efficient solutions.
- Formulate and communicate proposals to leverage advances in ETL technologies, including development of Proof of Concept solutions where appropriate, Work with the Development Manager to plan and implement.
- Skilled in the use of Informatica PowerCenter or a relevant ETL tool (e.g. SSIS, Data stage, Ab Initio, Oracle Warehouse Builder).
- Previous Team Lead/Manager experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills enabling effective interaction with both IT and Business stakeholders.
- Organised (work management of self and others) and self-motivated.
- Ability to assimilate technical and business information and to help translate these into practical solutions.
- Ability to positively challenge existing and proposed solutions and present designs and ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Excellent understanding of Data Warehouse methodologies.
- Familiarity with software solution development lifecycles.
- Some commercial awareness of financial services industry and processes – Actuarial being a strong advantage.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420