About the job
The role will also be accountable for the implementation of this plan and will either be directly responsible for and/or will need to deliver through various operational delivery teams to achieve this.
Organisationally, CCG has a relatively mature approach to workforce planning, especially through the lens of size and affordability. The successful candidate needs to retain/further improve the planning approach and create a more significant shift to embed capability planning into the ways of working.
• Translating Customer Compliance’s organisational capabilities into a practical and implementable strategic workforce plan covering size, location, skills and resourcing.
• Timely and successful implementation of the strategic workforce plan
• Direct leadership of a relatively large team (c.100)
• Ownership of the relationship with key stakeholders including planners, capability leads, finance, estates and Central HR
• Accountable for/contribute to the implementation of the Building our Future Locations Programme for Customer Compliance.
• Leading Customer Compliance workforce planning activity ensuring that the near and long term plans in place are affordable, joined up and in line with CCG Operating model. This will include:
- Development and delivery of in year workforce planning activity.
- Leading activities relating to office closures and staff migrations to new office locations.
- Active management of dependencies, risks, delivery partners and stakeholders
- Chairing or attending relevant CCG workforce planning and delivery Governance groups.
- Attendance at relevant HMRC workforce planning governance groups
As a senior leader, you will play a key role in leadership, facilitating change and enhancing the employee experience.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
Experience of visible business facing leadership to support long term strategies and a proven ability to develop an empowered, engaged, inclusive and confident high performing team.
• Strategic mind-set
Experience of formulating, leading and implementing strategies, policies and programmes which cross service or professional boundaries. The ability to be future focused, to take into account a complex landscape with multiple variables and translate into a practical delivery plan.
• Communicating and influencing
The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior level, strong collaboration and influencing skills to build an effective network of key stakeholders quickly. Excellent communication skills to engage confidently in a wide range of situations.
• Strong delivery ethos
Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to articulate a delivery plan, galvanise teams and stakeholders around a plan and deliver according to performance and quality metrics.
• Commercially astute
The ability to ensure plans remain affordable, efficiency/effectiveness and productivity are maximised and partners and suppliers are effectively managed.
• Specialist knowledge and experience
Experience in a multi-site strategic workforce planning role, preferably at scale and in development of a strategic workforce plan.
Developing and implementing resourcing methodologies, capability building and planning.
Numerically confident and proficient with Excel
• Academic/Professional Qualifications
CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualification and/or project management qualification