Based in Bristol - We are a full service, multi-channel content marketing agency. Brands are battling for consumer attention across a constantly evolving media landscape – there are no ‘traditional’ forms of customer engagement any more. Content is the new advertising. We deliver, manage and measure engaging content across every touchpoint for some of the world's biggest brands. We are an Omnicom agency, and part of the FleishmanHillard network.
Supporting 50+ employees, this is a brand-new role where you will partner with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business with a focus on L&D and Employee Relations. Your role will be to provide counsel to managers, strategic and day-to-day leadership, supporting team leaders on various talent initiatives such as culture, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion, recruitment and onboarding. Although a stand-alone role, as the company is part of a global network there is a broader HR function that can be drawn upon for ideas and counsel.
This is a part-time role - equivalent to 3 days p/week. This can be 22.5 hours across 5 days or 3 full days in the office.
Areas of Focus:
- Provide a first point of contact for all generalist HR queries for employees and managers
- Provide employee support by dealing with daily queries offering guidance on company best practices; actively promoting and supporting the use of agreed practices and policies
- Be a confident for employees and act as an independent mediator in the case of problems or complaints.
- Review current appraisal processes / talent management framework (such as StrengthScope) and roll out most appropriate strategy for the business.
- Coach individuals and managers on an on-going basis helping them to manage difficult performance issues.
Learning & Development
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team and managers to shape and embed a wide range of learning and development initiatives across the business.
- Review current L&D programmes to ensure business priorities are being met and effectively communicated and delivered.
- Create strategies to develop talent and positively manage the careers of employees at all levels across the business
Experience in an agency, media, creative, professional services environment an advantage
CIPD qualified preferred.
Experience working autonomously, with a proven track record of driving and implementing L&D programmes and wider talent strategies.
Extensive knowledge and experience of employment law and employee relations best practice.
Personable, with the ability to form effective working relationships and build trust and confidence at all levels in the business.
Able to work both strategically and operationally.
Ability to use their own initiative and work autonomously.
Creative mind with the ability to initiate and facilitate change.
Tenacious, assertive and able to influence and negotiate at a senior level whist maintaining effective relationships.
Pragmatic, commercially minded and acts in the best interests of the business at all times.
Can exercise sound judgement and authority in sensitive situations
If this sounds like you we'd love to discuss further!
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.