At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Due to continuous business growth we are looking to appoint a Health and Safety Technical Officer who will provide support and facilitate the implementation of the company's environmental, health and safety (EH&S) management system and drive a culture of safety and technical excellence. Collaborating with the General Manager, you will train staff, develop and deliver risk assessments in all areas. You will be responsible for reporting and investigating incidents and accidents and working to reduce these. You will be home based, ideally in the North or the East of the UK and you will travel across these regions.
This is a challenging role in a dynamic and innovative company that provides excellent personal development prospects working in a multi-discipline team environment.
In this role, you will:
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant EHS specialist advice and site support
- Assist internal clients in engineering compliance with EHS regulations and standards
- Provide on-site support to operating facilities e.g. during major projects, complex shutdown activities or major modifications
- Deliver EHS classroom training
- Provide ongoing basic safety principles (BSP) coaching and assessment for all levels of the organisation
- Facilitate the implementation of new or revised Global EHS Standards and training materials where applicable to the businesses
- Assist line management to ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated and effective corrective actions are implemented
- Help to develop bespoke risk assessments and procedures for all site activities
As the Health and Safety Technical Officer, you will have:
- Degree educated BEng/BSc Degree in Engineering or Science related discipline would be desirable but not essential
- Validated experience of getting results by influence and communication across the organisations at all levels
- A broad knowledge of EH&S management systems and of the processes, technologies and equipment in use on industrial sites and their potential hazards would be desirable
- Strength and credibility to enact cultural change to a predominantly driver and fill operations staff population
- Initiative and drive to work effectively on your own, and represent the values of our business for a diverse range of clients and partners
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Relevant Industrial Packaged Gases Engineering experience would be desirable
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve & contribute
What We Offer:
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth & development.
If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care and accomplish by clicking apply now.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status."