As Head Chef you will be responsible for organising the day to day operations of the kitchen and its staff, i.e., chefs, porters and general assistants.
You will make sure all staff follow the agreed standard as set out by the Catering Manager.
In the absence of the catering manager you will be expected to manage the department as if they were present and to be in regular contact by telephone and/or email with either the Catering Manager or Deputy Catering Manager should the need arise.
- Role: Head Chef
- Salary: £32,057.40
- Hours: 40 hours per week (including weekends) plus additional hours where the needs of the business dictate. Where functions require overtime, or covering for staff sickness, these hours will be paid at your usual overtime rate.
- 48 week contract.
- Holiday entitlement: 5.6 weeks paid to be taken during school holiday and as directed by the Catering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain & improve standards of service in relation to all procedures, staff and food production.
- Ensure that catering deadlines are met.
- To ensure that the operation complies with all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations together with the Catering Manual and any additions made there to as well as any additional requirements laid down by the School Trust.
- Assist the Deputy Catering Manager in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
- To supervise, motivate, coach & team build.
- To lead the kitchen at all functions and other arranged events.
- Provide assistance to the Catering Manager and, in their absence the Deputy Catering Manager, or department in any area that is suited to your experience or skill set
- You will be expected to step in and cover staff sickness and shortfalls, which could be at short notice and if no alternative can be arranged.
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Employer offers a minimum 3% contribution to a Group Personal Pension.
- Life insurance 3 x gross salary.
- Access to swimming pool during lunch school term, when on duty.
- Meals provided during your working hours.
- Full uniform (including safety shoes).
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and child care vouchers.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.