Pay Rate £21,000
We are currently looking to recruit a head chef for our client based in Derby City Centre. Are you an experienced Head chef looking for your next challenge? Do you previous experience in managing a team and delivering exceptional food health and safety?
This role can offer, day time shifts, weekends and occasional evenings. The ideal candidate will be working with fresh nutritious food adhering to dietary requirements. You will be required to cook hot and cold items including, breakfast, sandwiches, jacket potatoes, hot meals and a childrens menu.
Hours will be working 5 days out of 7, working from 8am till 5pm Monday to Saturday, and Sundays will be offered at 8am till 4pm. There will be occasional evening work but you will be able to plan this into your current lifestyle, for commitments and needs.
If you have a car and are flexible with locations, great! This particular client is located In the heart of Derby City Centre. If you’re limited to public transport, don’t worry! The locations is fantastic for any non driver as it is in the centre of Derby.
The working environment
You will be working within a artisan café, working with a team of Barrista’s, front of house staff, kitchen porters, and managing a small kitchen team. You will be required to create and adapt menus. Our Client is working very closely with gluten free and vegan products, experience is a must with this.
- Flexibility in your working environment
- Great hours of working
- Fantastic working environment
- Managing a kitchen team on a day to day basis
- Completing rotas with the general manager
- Creating menus
- Putting away deliveries.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Cooking nutritious food within requirements
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
- Possibility of serving food
- Possibility of till operation
- Previous experience within a café
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 3 food hygiene Certificate
- Level 3 food and Safety Certificate
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
So if you think this is just what you’re looking for then CLICK APPLY TODAY! Or give us a call at our office and we will be happy to help.