This beautiful countryside pub & hotel set on the outskirts of Newbury, West Berkshire is looking to employ an experienced sous chef to help deliver its quality food offering.
The menus use fresh and local ingredients including game from the local butcher.
- The Role: Head Chef
- The Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 + £6k Bonus
- The Location: Near Newbury, Berkshire
- Extras: Onsite accommodation available for relocation
We are looking for a Head Chef who:
- Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares.
- Has had at least 2 years' experience in a senior position in a high-quality kitchen (ideally 1 rosette or higher).
- Has had experience in high volume kitchens.
- Is reliable, conscientious and punctual and will be a role model who immaculate in presentation and is comfortable talking out front with both our guests and teams.
- Is passionate about using fresh, seasonal and local produce.
- Understands the local market and can write well put together and properly costed menus that suit the clientele and the brief for the pub.
- Is able to motivate and train junior members of the team.
- Is extremely organised, works well under pressure, has a flexible approach to working hours and leads by example.
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets.
- Has strong verbal communication and people skills and is able to communicate daily to the relevant departments.
- Has an excellent working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
- Has Level 3 certification in food hygiene.
- Most importantly has a positive approach to bringing a bit of fun and engagement at the pub.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.