£11.78 per hour
3 months ago
Hours P/W – 37.5
Aim of the role
To assist with the receipt of all stock and non-stock goods and to provide and efficient, safe & speedy goods delivery service to wards/departments.
Main duties and responsibilities
1) Operate as part of the Supply Chain team
2) Provide receipt & distribution services on single or multiple sites across the Trust
3) To assist with duties such as labeling, Stock Counts and Data Capture
4) Responsibility for maintaining high service levels, and onward delivery to wards and departments and high quality service levels.
5) To understand and work within the Trust’s procurement policies applicable to the post.
6) To maintain the agreed levels of service to our customers for the receipt and distribution of goods at all times.
7) To generally act as liaison between ward/department and other staff in the procurement team and other teams within the finance directorate where necessary.
8) To work in a safe manner and to use all equipment responsibly with due care and attention for themselves and others .Understand the needs of and to work within the Health & Safety and work Acts.
9) To carry out the receipt of all stock items from the NHS Supply Chain, Bundle or other logistics provider distribution centres arriving at the goods Receiving Store. Safely unloading pallets/roll cages/tote boxes from vehicles, checking & signing driver’s documents.
10) To carry out the unpacking of pallets/roll cages/tote boxes and sorting into wards/departments ready for delivery.
11) To carry out the receipt of all non-stock goods delivered by supplier or carrier, checking & signing driver’s documents in the absence of the Stores supervisor.
12) To deliver any stock or non-stock items to wards/departments as required by goods receiving officer, ensuring signatures/certification of receipt is obtained.
13) To check, stock and non-stock goods received which are required as an emergency and deliver immediately to the appropriate ward/department.
14) To collect and return to Goods Receiving area, any empty roll cages/tote boxes from wards/departments that are required to be returned to NHS Logistics Distribution centre.
15) To assist the stores supervisor and other stores staff with all filing & general clerical duties relating to Goods Receipt & Distribution Service.
16) To deal with general queries and enquires made while undertaking Goods Receipt & distribution duties, reporting any problems to the stores supervisor..
17) To encourage good employee relations and teamwork. To comply with the Health & Safety at work Act and with the code of conduct and standards expected of all staff employed at Barts Health
18) To ensure maximum security of goods, the receiving store and goods therein at all times.
19) To help keep the Goods Receiving store clean & tidy at all times.
20) To carry out any other duties as may be required to ensure levels of service are maintained, in consultation with the receipt & distribution stores manager and or Supplies manager and / or other supplies staff.
21) The post requires that the post holder to adhere to Trust code including health and safety policy regarding footwear.
22) Waste is to be disposed of in such ways that control risk to health & safety of staff and public alike, in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures contained within the policy.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.