|Blue Arrow are recruiting for an exciting role for a new company coming the the Rotherham area. This is a key position and therefore we are looking for an exceptional individual who may be looking for an new and exciting challenge and who will be pivotal to the success of this Uk division of this Italian based organisation.
Producing plastic components for the agricultural market for a business that currently imports into the UK, the role will be to support a new operation in the UK.
As the General Manager you will responsible for and will have full authority in regard to the overall management of the Uk operation.
The operation is new to the UK and therefore you will be supporting:
The decision making of the recruitment of a new team and team leaders.
Instigating the successful implementation of the operation.
Supporting training and development.
Implementation of quality control checks and processes.
|Duties and responsibilities
* Identifying and managing the human and technological resources required for the management, development and improvement of the company, designating those responsible for the various processes,
* Fire prevention measures, worker evacuation measures in the event of serious danger and immediate first aid.
* Establishing the Group’s Quality Policy and adopting, implementing and developing the Quality Management System, delegating authority and responsibilities to the Quality Assurance Manager regarding the QMS.
* Establishing the company’s Health and Safety Policy, and adopting, implementing and developing the Health and Safety System, delegating authority and responsibilities to the Head of the Service.
* With the company management being responsible for verifying the effectiveness of the QMS, organizing a Quality Management System Review once a year, and verifying the effectiveness of the Safety System and its compliance with the Health and Safety Policy during meetings.
* Liaising with customers to define requirements, conveying them - assisting the process managers in related work/control instructions, interfacing with the Quality Assurance Manager.
* Programming, managing and validating the studying of new products or changes to existing products, drawing on the cooperation of the Design Manager and Quality Assurance Manager in the tests, controls and inspections necessary for monitoring the processes and products/services to comply with customer requirements.
* In particular, supervising liaisons with customers and suppliers in relation to technical aspects, the timing of offers, orders, organizing meetings to review and implement any changes to orders.
* Coordinating and supervising the activities of the production team.
* Weekly programming of production within the time-frame envisaged for each single order/contract, and ensuring compliance with deadlines.
* Weekly planning of shipments, assisted by the Shipping Manager.
* Managing his or her staff, organizing them in all the steps in the process, from production to shipments.
* Ensuring machine productivity and product quality in keeping with company objectives.
* Stopping production in the event of the finding of any product quality issues.
* Maintaining a high level of quality control at all times.
Working hours will be 40 hours per week plus fuel allowance & mobile phone. Other benefits include company pension and paid holiday entitlement (TBC)
This is a challenging and exciting role and would suit someone who is looking for something that they can really take ownership of and be part of creating a successful operation in the UK.
If you would like to know more please speak to either Rhys or Marie 01142722600 or email your CV for an immediate response.
£42000 - £46000 per annum
0114 272 2600
29 days ago