Gateway Security Consultant
The Global Cyber Security Defence team (GCSD) provides IT security operational services to Aviva markets; responding to information security/cyber threats, vulnerabilities and incidents whilst minimising the adverse impact to Aviva, its customers and partners. GCSD provides resources, processes and technologies to identify and implement regulatory and best practice methodology, policy and business requirements.
You'll have a confirmed background in IT security over the last decade and be up to date with modern standards and methodology, conversant with the threat management landscape and able to demonstrate relevant and current experience.
The Gateway team supports the management of a global set of services that encompass firewalls, gateways and email. You'll contribute to security incidents as required, and help design, develop and maintain standards and controls. Transitioning legacy products to new global services, you'll improve our formal service catalogue and ensure targets and obligations are met.
GCSD is undergoing a global transformation and we're looking for people to help drive forward our projects. Exploring avenues of innovation that align with existing services as well as investigating new areas of potential, you'll understand how oversight and governance combine to produce useful metrics, insights and generate recommendations on remediation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CEH, CISA, SANS GIAC, etc)
- Blue Coat BCCPA, BCCPP, BCSAA
- Microsoft Office365
- Network security (e.g. CCNA, CCNP)
- Hands on experience of gateway technology alongside SIEM data analytics, interpretation and presentation with an in-depth understanding of preventative security technology, inc. email phishing/spam filtering/malware detection/blocking, outbound proxy services (including request/site/content blocking, malware detection/ blocking, etc)
- You'll be practised in managing multiple demands effectively and deftly, have the ability to communicate with all levels of the business, liaise with your peers in other support teams and be capable of navigating difficult situations with integrity and tact
- Awareness and use of security and privacy concepts (e.g. international and industry standards, legal and regulatory constraints, etc) and the application of governance technologies and methodologies
- Understanding of enterprise architectures and operations with good, practical knowledge of operating systems (Windows, UNIX, etc) and networking technologies
What will I get from this role
- Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 dependent on experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alex Stumpo in the Resourcing team at email@example.com