Blue Arrow Derby currently have a requirement for somewhere in the region of 60 FORKLIFT TRUCK DRIVERS for an industry leading logistics company based in the centre of Derby. This post is working in a warehouse where you may work within receiving, outbound or as part of the inventory team. Based on your previous experience and preference we will try to place you within a department that suits you.
Mon-Fri (37.5 hours a week) + weekend overtime when required.
Based on a rotating shift pattern.
Currently only Mornings and Afternoons but a night shift will be implemented as production demands increase.
Mornings: 6:00am – 2:00pm
Afternoons: 2:00pm – 10:00pm
Nights: 10:00pm – 06:00am
The Pay Rates:
Mornings - £9.65
Afternoons - £10.91
Nights - £12.19
Saturday - £14.48
Sunday - £19.30
Based in central Derby, this location would suit non-drivers in Derby, as there are bus stops just outside as well as cycle lanes, however it is also easily accessed via road networks from surrounding areas such as Nottingham, Burton on Trent & rest of Derbyshire, with free parking onsite.
Why should you apply?
Working in partnership with one of the world’s most recognised logistics and freight forwarders, being onsite at one the areas leading engineering facilities just adds to the experience!
They are able to offer one of the leading pay rates for this job type as well potential to gain permanent employment, free onsite parking, opportunity to progress, two subsidised canteens and a barista coffee shop.
Duties to include:
- Using the FLT (Fork Lift Truck) to move products throughout the warehouse & production area.
- Load & unload containers, haulage vehicles safely and efficiently.
- Stock take products, reporting and logging new stock needed.
- Some manual handling of products to locate stock numbers.
- Ensure the manufacturing facility has a constant supply of parts for production to continue.
- Using SAP system to locate and order stock.
- Working as part of a large team.
- Some areas of the location will require movement outdoors between warehouse areas.
- RTITB or ITSAAR Accredited counterbalance licence as minimum
- Experience using RF scanners
- Positive attitude
- Hardworking and reliable
- Strong communication skills
We have start dates from now throughout the year.