London, Bristol, UK Home Based, York, Norwich, Sheffield
Enterprise Cloud Architect
The Enterprise Cloud Architect is a key member of Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) charged with setting Aviva's vision and strategy for our next generation global cloud platform ensuring alignment with the group architecture and cloud.
You will also be responsible for leading architecture teams within the CCoE, aligning business with enterprise architecture and cloud roadmaps and providing best practice, governance and expertise to across Aviva's lines of business.
This role will also require consulting with architecture, business, application and infrastructure teams, providing technical expertise to facilitate the smooth commissioning and transfer of existing (or build of new) applications into the cloud using the latest cloud and open source technologies.
This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist with a customer centric mindset to get involved in an exciting position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Align Global Enterprise Architecture with the cloud programme
- Define and maintain the cloud strategy and contribute to the group IT strategy
- Develop and maintain cloud reference architecture, patterns, standards, policies and principles
- Represent cloud on the group architecture forums and review boards
- Own the cloud governance processes and frameworks such as the technical design authority
- Drive the strategic roadmap for developing the cloud platform and technologies
- Lead and drive outcomes across the cloud programme and with our internal customers
- Design innovative cloud solutions for legacy migrations and new “born in the cloud” applications
- Enable the on-boarding and migration of workloads onto cloud from other hosting locations
- Contribute to an up-to-date understanding of the main technology base, and a general understanding of the other technology bases which together form the overall technical direction for their area of expertise
- Manage domains and architecture teams within the overall cloud platform on behalf of Aviva as a capability for hosting and storage
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit
- Provide cloud consulting services and expertise across the business and IT
- Build cloud communities and architecture practices across the group
- Act as a cloud and technology evangelist and act as a representative cloud across the group
Skills & Experience required
- Experience as an enterprise architect for large-scale enterprises
- Expertise as a AWS cloud architect
- In-depth experience in architecting large-scale enterprise AWS cloud solutions and platforms.
- Amazon Web Service certification is desirable. If you are not certified, you will be expected to gain certification within six months of joining the team
- Understanding of relevant technical areas:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) (e.g. VPC, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudTrail/Watch etc)
- AWS Cloud Architecture
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking and associated function (Quos/filter/routing)
- DNS/AD/Route 53
- Understanding of security principals such as logging, auditing, alerting and response.
- Authentication principals such as HBAC/RBAC/PAM/MFA
- Automation and deployment
- Vulnerability management
- Configuration and lifecycle management
- CI/CD, DevOps/tooling, automation testing and modern SDLC methodologies
- Experience with working under a DevOps culture, building applications under continuous integration and deployment with platform automation in an enterprise environment.
- Have demonstrable experience of building cloud reference architectures, patterns, standards, policies and principles
- Experience of managing architecture and cloud governance frameworks and processes and setting cloud strategies at all levels: migrations, operating models, CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud platform, technologies, governance, transformation etc
- Experience in cloud migrations of legacy applications.
- Involvement in designing new “born in the cloud” or “cloud native” applications
- A broad understanding of markets, industries, customers and technologies whilst keeping abreast of technologies, concepts, practices, and industry direction
- Sound business knowledge and commercial awareness, both generally and specific to financial services
- Expert communications and relationship management with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Abacus, etc.)
- Previous experience in IT Industry standards, services, design, architecture, principles design, architecture views and viewpoint design, building block design, solutions modelling and systems behaviour
- A proven record of leading and delivering high quality IT change and business value at a senior / executive level
- A background in business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of information technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Have demonstrable knowledge of delivering IT systems in both traditional Waterfall and Agile environments.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary competitive dependant on experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420.