London, Bristol, York, Norwich
The role will operate as part of the global Strategy & Architecture objectives and practices and will support, enhance and promote the process and delivery of architecture (and its value) across the organisation.
It will provide support to the HoF Enterprise & Platforms Architect by developing technology directions to provide competitive advantage and cost reduction, defining target enterprise architecture patterns with principles and standards to support the vision and high level roadmaps for all Aviva markets, while ensuring global consistency of the estate (applications and technologies).
It will propose perspectives and opportunities to adopt new technologies (innovation).
The role holder will support also simplification and modernisation inside the markets, driven by re-use, shared platforms and commoditisation, i.e. horizontals capabilities.
- Contribute to the overall technology strategy for Aviva.
- Develops technology directions and plans for key technologies such as Cloud, Customer-centric architecture and Digital.
- Define reference enterprise architecture patterns for each key technology to support the vision.
- Contribute to high-level roadmaps definition for market adoption.
- Ensure projects take advantage of the technology directions to build competitive advantage and cost effectiveness.
- Support solutions architects in market to execute the roadmaps in projects lifecycle while piloting key technologies (until the delivery).
- Communication with stakeholders across the IT & Business to ensure that fundings from markets support roadmap direction for shared platforms.
- Develop and maintain a global enterprise architecture framework (as is and to be) to ensure that the vision is maintained consistently and socialised across Aviva markets on a regular basis.
- Graduate or equivalent.
- Enterprise Architecture professional qualifications
- Extensive experience within a leadership position
- Enterprise Architecture Application and Infrastructure Architecture
- Comprehensive experience of IT Architecture design and implementation.
- Broad understanding of IT service Operations and change management
- Demonstrably strong cross cultural influencing skills.
- IT programs and projects management
- Insurance/Financial Services experience is desirable but not mandatory.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.