Purpose of the Role
We believe in helping customers to defy uncertainty. Data is at the heart of understanding and improving the lives of our customers whilst winning at our business and helping wider society. We are looking for a Data Architect to play a key role in the Group Strategy & Architecture team, helping to build our vision for Data and turn it into reality.
You will contribute to Aviva's Data Strategy by providing the patterns, principles and oversight needed to maximise the benefit of data.
You will support the Strategy & Architecture leadership team and the Global Chief Architect by working with each market to provide Enterprise-wide coverage and insight.
You should not only have world-class skills and experience but should have a real passion for helping businesses build competitive advantage through Data.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Help set and deliver a clear Vision, Strategy and Strategic Roadmap for Data
· Provide the models, patterns, principles, standards and guidelines to align a global change portfolio
· Lead the architecture of major change activities
· Support the Global Chief Architect and Heads of S&A in building consensus, agreement and ownership of a Global Data Strategy
· Form relationships and collaborate across the Architecture community to establish and implement consistent architecture across all platforms
· Support data innovation to deliver better business outcomes faster, constantly seeking opportunities through market insight and internal development
· Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry and retail market space to ensure that the architectures are kept in line with industry standard and only deviate for commercial benefit.
Skills & Experience required
· 5+ years experience in data architecture strategy development and execution
· Expert understanding of architecture components across the data lifecycle including insight, analytics and machine learning, master & reference data management, integration, data warehousing & noSQL, data quality and data governance
· Deep understanding of Cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, Google) capabilities to support Data and Analytics
· Experienced in developing Data led Technology vision & strategy and leading strategy and roadmap projects in a complex business environment
· Sound business knowledge and commercial awareness, both generally and specific to financial services
· Understanding of financial service industry regulation and data legislation
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation. Proven ability to influence others toward consensus
· Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Archimate)
· Amazon Web Service certification is desirable
What will you get for this role?
· Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact details: Earl.Daley@aviva.com