Enterprise Architect - The location of the role is flexible and can be based in York, Norwich or Bristol with travel to other Aviva locations required.
Aviva is a Multinational insurance organisation and we are currently recruiting for an exciting Enterprise Architect opportunity within our CIO division of the business. Aviva is a UK digital leader, we provide our service to 33 million online users and boast our presence in 16 countries (UK, Europe, Asia and Canada). Due to our success and FTSE 100 recognition we are internationally recognised as Aviva is the second largest general insurer in Canada!!
Aviva UK Insurance is the UK's leading True Customer Composite satisfying all our customer insurance needs across General Insurance (Personal & Commercial), Life, Health, Pensions business and Asset Management. Our overarching purpose is to free people from the fear of uncertainty and we have a clear strategy to deliver our investment thesis of cash flow plus growth by always putting our customers first.
The Chief Information Office (CIO) is central to our business and the Strategy and Architecture team plays a pivotal role for this function as well as providing direction and insight over technology solutions for senior business stakeholders.
UKI Strategy & Architecture is seeking experienced Enterprise Architects to join the team. We work with key stakeholders across business areas, markets and other technology professionals, to help Aviva deliver its outcomes and drive our business ambition.
As the successful Enterprise Architect, you will operate in the UK Insurance business reporting into the Head of UKI Strategy & Architecture and be part of the Global Strategy & Architecture practice.
You will be accountable for providing strategic context, direction, roadmaps and standards to drive the strategy and business transformational roadmaps. You will work with a range of senior stakeholders from Aviva and partner organisations, sharing knowledge, decisions, patterns and lessons learnt to improve productivity and enhance capability.
Aviva is a large, complex, fast changing organisation and so you will need to be able to operate effectively in this environment and find ways to simplify the technology estate and support the business in achieving their goals.
As the successful Enterprise Architect you is expected to:
· Develop technology vision to fulfil business ambition & reduce costs
· Define target architecture and agreed roadmaps
· Communicate future IT architecture to sponsors and secure investment
· Deliver strategic change through projects, vendors and partners
· Govern change against Architecture standards, working with Lead Solution Architects to ensure quality and alignment to roadmaps, principles and standards
You will need to possess:
· Strong analytical capability and background
· Strong personal impact and influencing skills
· Strong Enterprise Architecture skills
· Broad vision of Industry standards, emerging technologies and key market trends
· Broad understanding of IT service operations and change management
· Demonstrably strong cross cultural influencing skills
· Strong knowledge of end to end IT programs and projects management
· Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions
· Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment
· Ability to think long-term strategically and apply operationally
· Good stakeholder and relationship management at all level
· Experience of operating at senior management levels
· Technical and Thought Leadership skills
· Salary - £40k - £80k
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual 12% performance related bonus and pay review
· Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.