Salary: Up to £40,000 + 8% annual bonus
You will be involved in the development and support of internally developed desktop, mobile and web applications and features.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Acting as a developer within Global Infrastructure & Ops
- Working directly with developers and stakeholders to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Keep up-to-date on the latest industry trends, especially in relation to technical approaches and solutions.
- Create and maintain operational and support documentation.
- .NET Framework (C# preferred)
- Knowledge and awareness of SOLID development principles and design patterns.
- Version Control (eg. GIT)
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL.
- Problem solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Cloud Hosting (eg. Azure or AWS) and Cloud Provisioning (eg. Terraform)
- Experience of the agile development lifecycle (eg. CI, DI and UI testing)
- Unit Testing. (eg. NUnit)
What will I get from this role
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- 29 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Zainab Ahmad in the resourcing team.