Digital Operations Engineer
Here at Aviva we are looking to transform the way in which we engage with our customers. Digital technology is at the core of this transformation with data and analytics at the heart of our strategy. The Digital Function is vitally important to Aviva globally as we continue to roll out customer focussed technologies to support analytics, marketing and pricing all based on a consistent single customer view. This is an truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is core to the delivery of Aviva's digital strategy.
The purpose of IT Operations is to ensure our systems and services are highly secure and always available, as and when our customers require them: 24/7.
The Digital Operations Engineer provides a vital role in ensuring that our customer facing systems deliver an always available service to our customers and also to our internal teams. They play a vital role in ensuring that the changes we deliver into production are of a high quality and do not impact live service and when things don't go as planned, rapidly restoring service and helping to determine root cause as well as defining fixes and improvements
The ability to work collaboratively across teams and locations, whilst demonstrating excellent communication and problem solving skills is a key capability for this role.
Our Engineers need to understand the following to provide outstanding service to our internal and external customers:
- The demand in our system (what it is & how it gets there, and what’s on our backlog & is it growing)
- What is normal demand and to recognise when something changes and why
- How it is serviced and how can we service demand more efficiently
- How teams interact to minimise handoffs
Supporting Run Services within an application support team in line with approved business and service support objectives and SLAs.
The role is responsible for business continuity of the applications that underpin core Aviva Digital services and specifically our 24/7 aggregator business.
The role will take responsibility for:
- Management of all elements of an application support service (incl. Incidents, Problems, Service Requests, Monitoring, Housekeeping, Health checks, Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning and Operational Acceptance), complimented by continuous process/service improvement
- Understanding the run demand within the team (utilising run statistics), identifying opportunities and working collaboratively with other run teams and the business to reduce run effort & cost and improve customer service by
- Optimising how run demand is serviced
- Applying knowledge of security best practices in a service-oriented business
- Act as central point of contact in the business relationship community, attending review sessions with business users representing the run team.
- Co-ordination between Change teams, CISO, Aviva Service Operations Centre, Major Incident Team and other external teams as appropriate
- Contribute to the co-ordination and delivery of IT driven change and Technical enhancements, maintenance and availability of the suite of production environments
- Contribute to the delivery, embedding and assessment of Audit, Risk and Compliance processes
- Have an awareness of the key factors influencing the business and IT industry
Essential soft skills to the job
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally or written, with colleagues, management and suppliers
- Prioritisation of own workload to ensure timely and quality delivery to key stakeholders
- Self-starter, capable of working alone or within a team
- Shows initiative and makes time available to ensure general technical competencies and specialisations are kept up-to-date in line with industry developments
- Be responsible for ensuring the development and professionalism of themselves and the community as appropriate
- A natural inclination to ‘help’ people, and demonstrate the ‘care more’ value
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact details: Vicky Gianre on 0117 928 4420 or email@example.com