About the job
The first service you join will be the Online Tests and Assessments Platform. Psychometric tests have been used to great success recently with over 400,000 tests completed in the past year, reducing sifting costs and shortening recruitment times. These tests were created externally which limited our ability to update and expand them.
The next stage, which you’ll be joining, is to bring test creation in-house. We’re procuring a specialised software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform so that we can develop, assemble and deliver tests. By improving the quality and breadth of our tests we expect to grow rapidly to meet the expanding demand across government. It’s an ambitious plan that stands to transform how the Civil Service recruits so you’ll be at the centre of delivery from the beginning.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of experts from both Digital & Analysis and Government Recruitment Service (GRS). Day to day you’ll collaborate closely with the product manager, service owner, occupational psychologists, user researcher, psychometricians, content designer, and interaction designer. You’ll also work closely with the Recruitment Platform for Government (RPG) team and supplier to align teams to common goals.
• Work as part of cross-functional agile teams, delivering new digital services that meet user needs and CSHR objectives.
• Understand, map and document business processes and services.
• Understand business and stakeholder requirements through requirement gathering techniques.
• Work closely with the user researcher and product manager to understand user needs. Write user stories and acceptance criteria that capture user needs, business needs and the context behind them.
• Support product managers to form and refine product backlogs, using evidence and data to drive prioritisation and scope.
• Liaise with service owners, product managers, delivery managers and operations leads to drive the necessary business change activities required.
• Define and record performance measures / KPIs that determine whether the service is being effective.
• Ensure business requirements are fully understood by external suppliers and work with those suppliers to support delivery through planning, implementation and testing.
• Support and carry out functional testing of completed user stories, ensuring services meet requirements and other internal standards, documenting and managing defects as they arise.
• Address complex challenges in accessibility, assisted digital, and perceptions of fairness in online recruitment tests.
• Investigate and resolve issues to restore and continuously improve the live service.
• Identify and explore opportunities to improve the service and serve new user groups. Work with the product manager and service owner to prioritise new service lines and features.
The successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate evidence of the following essential criteria:
• Business analysis expertise - Experience in analysing complex problems, documenting the needs and ensuring they are delivered fully.
• Agile delivery experience - Experience working in agile teams and environments, working iteratively and collaboratively.
• Stakeholder engagement - Proven experience working with a broad range of stakeholders to elicit business requirements and model business processes.
• User-centric design - Experience defining user stories, mapping them to the service and
explaining them to the team and stakeholders.
• Digital know-how - Digitally literate and capable of engaging users, technical colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders to draw out best approaches.
• Ability to learn - Thriving on learning new skills and knowledge to become a more effective
business analyst and digital specialist.
You would ideally also demonstrate:
• Digital service expertise - Familiarity with creating digital services in government, including the Digital Service Standard, GOV.UK designs, and accessibility/assisted digital.
• HR/Recruitment experience - Prior experience of HR operations, such as recruitment and selection testing services would be a bonus.