London, Bristol, Perth, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow, Birmingham, York, Norwich, Eastleigh, Home Based Other, Dorking, Sheffield
The DevSecOps Senior Engineer will live and breath continuous security innovation on our global cloud platform.
They will be part the Cloud DevOps scrum team and responsible for embedding security minded culture, practices and tools across the cloud platform, whilst developing innovative cloud security solutions.
What you’ll do in more detail
- Design and development of security solutions using the approved automation and CI/CD tooling
- Recognise areas for security improvements within the cloud platform around automation and CI/CD, access controls, network, automated compliance, alerting and forensics etc.
- Develop a strong culture of security focused development and practices within the DevOps team
- Promote personal growth including experimentation with new bleeding-edge technologies
- Run, facilitate and support “game days” to test and validate security related alerting, incident responses, counter measures, SOC, operational processes, forensics etc
- Build strong relationships with the security architects and CISO to ensure the platform and security solutions are implemented to the necessary security requirements
- Collaborate across the Aviva Architecture community to establish and implement consistent architecture across all Digital platforms which delivers Aviva’s future technology needs and approved by relevant governing bodies (Group Architecture Board, CISO, Data governance)
- Define and support secure continuous delivery approaches including tooling and automated testing and deployments
- Establish, implement and manage access controls for our environments to keep the business safe
- Research, plan and implement relevant solutions in collaboration with operations, architecture and development teams
- Actively communicate with your DevOps Lead to ensure that you are and your team always delivering to the product owners requirements and any issues are raised
- Join sprint planning and retrospectives, and prioritise and manage your work using planning tools e.g. Jira
- Create custom monitoring components to provide deep monitoring of application estate, and integrate ideally to monitoring platforms.
- Safeguard that necessary documentation exists for Cloud Operations Engineers to resolve P1 incidents on a 24x7 basis
- Warrant core DevOps and DevSecOps methodologies are implemented to highest standard across environments.
- Ensuring you are actively upskilling and sharing knowledge with other team members.
The successful candidate
You will no doubt have a breadth of great experience already, but we think to be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
- Demonstrable proficiency in AWS Security and Compliance related technologies e.g. AWS: Config, Lambda, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Inspector, Trusted Advisor, Guard Duty, SNS, KMS and IAM.
- Experience with Security monitoring and alerting and SIEM systems
- Previous involvement with secrets management solutions e.g. Vault, AWS Secrets Manager
- Familiarity in implementing security of and within CI/CD pipelines e.g. automated security testing, code analysis, IAM role automation, Jenkins hardening
- Practice in building security automation on cloud platforms with automated detection, alerting, incident response remediation, countermeasures, forensics and continuous compliance
- Experience in working against industry security standards
- Know-how translating security controls into technical cloud solutions
- Demonstrable proficiency in programming/scripting languages e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, PowerShell
- Proficiency with configuration management tooling knowledge e.g. Puppet, or Ansible
- Capability to use infrastructure-as-code software e.g. Terraform
- Understanding on automated security related testing tools
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment pipelines e.g. Jenkins
- Recognised proficiency with Amazon AWS (e.g. VPC, EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS etc).
- Advanced Linux and/or Windows systems administration skills
- Skilled with version control technologies e.g. Subversion or Git
- Involvement working in project teams with Agile collaboration and project management tooling e.g Kanban or Scrum)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Experience in DevOps tooling design and methodologies
- Ideally have exposure with containerisation tools e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Proven experience of mentoring and training others
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £75,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Contact details: Vicky Gianre on 0117 928 4420 or firstname.lastname@example.org