Aviva Digital Overview
Here at Aviva we are transforming the way in which we engage with our customers and disrupting the insurance industry, delivering products our customers want, in a way they want. Digital technology is the key ingredient, with automation, data and analytics at the heart of our ambitious strategy to become a “Digital First” organisation.
The Global Websites DevOps Lead is responsible for defining, architecting, creating and running an efficient DevOps lifecycle, including the appropriate tools, environments and processes to enable the development and deployment of features globally into production both quickly and safely, whilst also ensuring a highly available, cost effective service. All architected tools, environments and processes must align to the agreed control framework and align to the relevant IT strategies.
What you’ll do in more detail
The role holder is accountable for all internally hosted, Global websites system environments and the development of tools and processes to enable effectively development and delivery to production.
· Define an effective DevOps lifecycle and architecture supporting:
o Continuous Delivery.
o Class leading high availability and automatic failure recovery
o High performance
o Cost optimisation
o Platform wide logging/monitoring/alerting
· Lead the creation of all capibilities required to support a DevOps lifecycle
· Lead the introduction of appropriate tools to support the DevOps lifecycle
· Challenge existing processes and drive a culture of continuous improvement
· Defining an effective development environment for our developers focussed on developer productivity and satisfaction, but continuing to provide effective security measures.
· Act as a DevOps/NoOps evangelist across Aviva, helping people understand the benefits, challenges and implications of adopting DevOps & NoOps, and helping our teams move toward them
· Define and document the standards for other platforms to follow when delivering automation and tooling changes
· Build relationships & collaborate across the Aviva Architecture community to establish and implement consistent architecture across all Digital platforms which delivers Aviva’s future technology needs and approved by relevant governing bodies (Group Architecture Board, CISO, Data governance)
· Define and support continuous delivery approach including tooling and automated testing and deployments
· Management of all environments including maintaining an evergreen estate.
· Proactively manage environment costs to remain in budget and identify opportunities to reduce cost
· Define, implement and manage access controls for our environments to keep the business safe
· Identify and implement external perspectives to drive improvements to improve quality, increase resilience and reduce downtime
· Drive the roadmap towards NoOps where appropriate
The successful candidate
You will no doubt have a breadth of great experience already, but we think to be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
· Experience of introducing DevOps / NoOps within large corporate organisations
· Expertise in DevOps / NoOps design and methodologies
· Experience of developing DevOps / NoOps within a heavily regulated organisation
· Expert (hands-on) in DevOps / NoOps technologies
· Strong communication skills
· Influencing and negotiation experience
- 29 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Competitive on target performance bonus
- Up to 14% Company contribution to your pension
- Aviva flexible benefits
- Employee discounts
- Season ticket loan
- Share scheme
All displaced candidates will be given primacy for this role.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jack Jones in the Recruitment team on email@example.com