This classic country inn set in the West Berkshire countryside just a stone's throw from the famed Valley of the Racehorse is now looking to appoint a hands on Deputy General Manager to take real ownership and help lead the team.
The current owner bought the Inn two years ago and has steadily upgraded all areas including luxury fixtures and fittings to its 11 en-suite bedrooms, upgraded and extended the kitchen area, added a 20 seat private function room with its own bar, plus many more features.
- Deputy General Manager.
- £30,000 Basic salary, paid monthly.
- Share of Tronc.
- Opportunity to put your mark on the business.
- Working directly with the owner & General Manager to develop the offering.
- Chance to progress your career with a strong and soon to be expanding business.
The Head Chef sources only be best and freshest ingredients for the menu and specials. Specials are daily and change from lunch to dinner service. The chef keeps the offering fresh by changing the menu each month as well.
The drinks menu is just as fine as the food offering with a huge selection of over 50 Gin's and Whiskies, local ales and a fine wine selection to suit every taste and budget.
The hotel side of the business runs at a high occupancy with a great corporate and equestrian trade mid-week, followed by leisure guests on a weekend.
The ideal Deputy General Manager will:-
- Be hands on and will get stuck in, leading by example is key to this role.
- Have the ability to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Be great at building a good rapport with the locals.
- Skilled & passionate and have the ability to lead the team.
- Have a deep knowledge & passion for hospitality.
- Have AGM experience in high volume pubs or restaurants ideally at a 1 rosette standard or higher.
- Be able to motivate and train junior members of staff.
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets.
- Be experienced & responsible for P & L's and is able to hit and exceed financial targets.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH. The safe day to day running of the business will be your responsibility.
You will walk in to an already strong team with all senior levels filled. Your direct report will be with the GM & Owner, who is very much involved in the business and its development.
You will have a General Manager, Assistant Manager, Bar/Duty Manager, Reservations Manager, Head chef, Senior Sous Chef, Sous Chef and a full complement of BOH and FOH team. You will be required to recruit, train and develop the FOH team as and when the levels are required. The Head Chef will do all of their own recruitment for the kitchen.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.