Do you want to be part of a community and grow a career? At Southern Co-op we work hard because we want to do well and the more successful we are the more we can give back to our members and communities – that’s the beauty of a co-operative.
We’re currently on an exciting journey to transition to a new retail stock and till system (VME). In order to deploy this new system, we’ll require a team to support our store teams. You’ll work with our store colleagues to deliver training, and you’ll act as the link between stores, the deployment team manager and the area support manager.
The role requires travel between our retail stores and this could be from the South West, including Exeter and Bristol, across to the South East, including London and Kent. You’ll be required to work weekends and overnight, which means you may be staying away from home.
- Provide on-site support and training to store teams
- Ensure that all cutover actions are completed correctly and to schedule
- Ensure all store processes are completed pre and post cutover
- Be primary point of contact in store for all VME System deployment issues
- Complete Operational Health Checks and feedback to the Deployment Team Manager
- Manage internal and external resource for the cutover (some overnight works and weekends)
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Planning and Prioritisation skills
- Project management skills would be an advantage, but not essential
- Able to engage with all levels of the business up to Director level
- A good understanding of Retail Operations within Southern Coop
- Ability to learn new skills and systems
- Holds a full UK driving license – prepared to travel throughout the Southern Coop region including occasional overnight stays
- Able to work overnight
- Reliable transport
- Able to work weekends
If you have a passion for retail then this could be the career for you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a bonus, pension and colleague discount schemes