Blue Arrow Derby are looking to add to our fantastic team of DBS General Assistants to work predominantly at Schools and Care homes, located within all areas of Derby.
This is a role that would suit people looking for flexible work around other commitments, such as studies, child care or even just another job!
Sound Good? Let’s make sure…
The working hours
The working hours will generally be day time shifts but it will depend on the client needs for the business. The working hours will always be discussed with you ahead of you accepting the assignment.
With our fantastic bus routes around Derby we can offer work in all areas. Also if you have your own transport this will be an advantage. We always discuss the full address with the candidates and make sure you are able to get to and from the site.
The working environment
The main locations you will be working at is school canteens and care home on site restaurants, you will be working on site with a team of chefs and other General assistants.
Why should you apply?
- Flexible work around your current commitments
- Weekly pay
- Access to high street discounts
- Company pension scheme
- Automatic entry to Blue Arrow ‘Superstar of the month’ award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers.
- Never earn less than £7.83 p/h regardless of your age
Some of the general duties will range from;
- Preparing food i.e soups, sandwiches, jacket potatoes
- Clearing tables in the canteen/restaurant areas.
- Helping out in the kitchen with pot washing duties
- Previous contract catering experience as a general assistant
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 1 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as we can put you through this)
- Level 1 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as we can put you through this)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Consistent and reliable
- UK full driving License preferred but not essential as there is bus routes available
- An in date Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months, ideally on the new updated service programme, (ESSENTIAL.) (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost if needed)
- Able to start immediately ideally but not essential.
You will require a food hygiene certificate to be able to work in these roles but don’t worry! We will put you through this training at no charge to yourself. It takes roughly an hour to complete level 1 and this can be done at our office or even in the comfort of your own home.
If this sounds like a role that would suit you, don’t hesitate, apply now!