Pay Rate £8.25p/h
Hours 37.5 hours per week 5 days out of 7
We are currently looking to recruit a DBS cook for our client based in Derby. Are you an experienced DBS Cook looking for your next challenge? Do you have a valid DBS on the updated service dates within the last 12 months to work with vulnerable adults & children?
This role can offer flexibility of shifts, day time shifts, occasional weekends and evenings. The ideal candidate will be working with fresh nutritious food adhering to dietary requirements.
Hours will be working 37.5 hours per week 5 days out of 7. Shift times will be 7 hours a day and will work on a rotational basis, either 7am till 3pm or 10am till 7.30pm. This role will not involve every weekend, but must be flexible within this, it will also not include Sunday afternoons
If you have a car and are flexible with locations, great! This particular client is located a short 15 minute drive away from the city centre. If you’re limited to public transport, don’t worry! It is only a 30 minute bus ride from Derby City Centre
The working environment
You will be working within a contract catering restaurant, working with a team of general assistants, kitchen porters, and reporting into the head chef.
- Flexibility in your working environment
- Access to high street discounts
- Free on site parking
- potential temp to perm placement for the right candidate Permanent placement
- Fantastic working hours, perfect to suit commitments and needs.
- Company pension scheme
- Automatic entry to Blue Arrow ‘Superstar of the month’ award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers.
- Work within a team to ensure jobs are completed for the day
- Putting away deliveries.
- Assist with the preparation of food & other areas of the kitchen including pot washing.
- Adhering to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Cooking nutritious food within requirements
- Ensure a clean as you go policy is being operated at all times
- Possibility of serving food
- Possibility of till operation
- Previous contract catering experience as a chef
- Great communication and team work skills
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Level 2 Health and Safety Certificate (ideal but not essential as training is provided)
- Passion for food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Due to certain locations a full UK driving license is required along with own access to a vehicle
- An in date Enhanced DBS DATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS ideally on the new updated service programme. (we do have the Facilities to put you through one at a cost if needed)
So if you think this is just what you’re looking for then CLICK APPLY TODAY! Or give us a call at our office and we will be happy to help.