Digital Data – Data Specialist
Aviva is revolutionising insurance and we want you to be at the forefront.
You’ll be joining Aviva at a really exciting time; working on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers and building new and innovative ways to engage and interact with new and existing customers. It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our global strategy.
The Customer Data Team is at the centre of Aviva’s Global Digital journey; providing high quality, safe and accurate data about our customers. We are a rapidly evolving team, embarking upon a tremendously exciting strategy to bring Aviva’s Global Customer Data aspirations to life.
This role will form part of a new function within the Digital-CIO Customer Data Team that supports the operational need to proactively protect Aviva’s customer data in a climate with increased regulation around data usage and increased focus from customers following high profile data incidents.
Purpose of the Role
To support a function within the Digital Data team (that as necessary supports across Digital CIO) that will provide leadership and governance to ensure that group-wide data policies, principles and standards are implemented within the global data platforms in line with CIO Data Governance, CISO, Digital Governance & Controls.
The function is ‘hands on’ operationally, and will consist of data experts that can work closely with internal and external stakeholders on the use of our data to ensure we are maximising benefit whilst remaining compliant. The key focus will be on
· Data Governance
· Data Quality
· Data Management
This function will work closely with and support other areas of the organisation including Digital Data Governance, Digital CIO Governance & Controls and Digital CISO.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role will be responsible for:
• Promote the Data Governance agenda across Digital Data.
• Ensure that all new change work adheres with legislation, regulation, terms of business and best practice.
• Proactive consultation with the business to ensure Data governance best practice is embedded at source.
• Data governance embedded into all phases of the delivery lifecycle
• Single point of contact across the platforms for data quality issues/breaches, investigation and resolution
• Creation & maintenance of single backlog of data quality issues
• Ownership & update of iCare & risk registers relating to data issues
• Own Data Management principles
• Define and own a clear set of principles
• Work closely with change teams, across platforms, and ensure these are embedded
• Business Operating Rules
• Work with the business / Digital data governance to ensure the correct implementation of rules
• Risk management
• Maintain a departmental risk log and action plan.
• Information Security mandatory controls
• Ensure that departmental assets comply with all relevant IT group mandatory controls.
• Ensure there is an action plan in place for non compliance
• Data Management
• Develop, maintain and embed Data Management principles across the department.
• Proactive Data Quality monitoring across digital data platforms
• Work with stakeholders to ensure pro-active / reactive improvements to DQ and associated processes
• Proactive monitoring of DQ issues.
• Management of data quality processes
Skills & Experience required
· Strong analytical capability and background
· Be the go to person for the triage of technical issues
· Strong understanding of data from both an IT and business perspective
· Strong communication & stakeholder management skills
· Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment
· Ability o think long term & strategically
· You will fundamentally get how to secure applications and data.
· You’ve proven that you can resolve problems within the team and with dependent areas without undue emotion nor drama.
· Fostering team spirit and collaboration
In return we offer:
· Competitive salary
· Generous defined contribution pension scheme
· Annual performance related bonus and pay review
· Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
· Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
· Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jack Jones in the Resourcing team on Jack.Jones@Aviva.com