At Aviva we strongly believe in a digital first strategy and that new ideas and perspectives are an invaluable resource, as we constantly look to improve our designs. So, we are looking for individuals with a curious mind and above all a passion for technology and software development to join us in the Identity and Access Management Software team.
About the role
We are looking for dynamic and forward-thinking candidates to join our very talented team within the Digital Gateway department. As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to build a lasting career in information security with the UK’s largest insurer. Currently we are entering an extremely exciting time as we migrate our technical stack from hosted datacentres into the cloud, expanding the services we offer and taking advantage of the cutting edge features this provides. Our focus is on creating a platform that provides controlled and, above all, secure system access for our customers and partners.
Although this will be a very broad and varied role, we are conscious that candidates may not have all the skills required. However, you need only have transferable skills, be technically savvy and most importantly, keen to learn and develop your abilities over time to be a good fit for our team.
The ideal candidate would have interest in one of the following areas, with a desire to learn more: -
Interest in software development, (using Java as an example) to produce code that sits behind a website, ideally with appreciation of how a connection and system are secured to prevent unauthorised access. Interest in the security aspects of modern internet facing systems, focusing around: - cyber security, ethical hacking, attack vectors, firewalls, authentication and vulnerability management. Interest in infrastructure and operating systems, ideally Linux based (but windows experience is also welcomed), with knowledge of scripting or programming languages. This will be essential when gathering experience in delivering infrastructure as a service (IAAS).
As a Cyber Security Software Developer / Engineer in our Gateway & Security team, there are several paths you could take based on your skills and interests.
This could include a mixture of the following: -
- Knowledge and experience with programming and scripting languages, for example, Java, Python, Perl, & Groovy
- Understanding of network protocols and web technologies for example HTTP, HTTPS, Hashing, Certificates, Encryption
- Experience with Security Services for example: - Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) prevention, Web Application Firewalls and Content Delivery Networks
- Knowledge of cloud based environment automation technologies. E.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, docker and interacting with a Linux based environment
- Identity and Access Management and web application security/ best practices, for example IBM Tivoli Access Manager / Security Access Manager (ISAM) or similar products
- Awareness of industry direction and trends within Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Cloud based technologies
- Linux/Unix System Administration
- Server automation and scripting
- Hands on experience with working on high volume systems
- Experience working in large, multi-sited teams with a shared codebase, and designing & building for a consistently great customer experience
- Working within an agile dev/ops culture
- Management of key stores and certificated authentication.
- Experience with automated build approaches for cloud hosting.
- Maintaining component build pipelines as a part of Continuous Integration practices
- Using distributed version control systems to maintain our solutions’ source code
- Writing Java code to both test, maintain and extend our integration components
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation alongside a commitment to developing themselves whilst building a career at Aviva.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
- Java J2EE software development within a Spring (boot, MVC, cloud) or similar Framework would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Network Protocols and understanding of Web Technologies e.g. html ajax, TCPIP, HTTP, SSL, certificates, LDAP and WebSphere
- Knowledge of Identify access management products. i.e. IBM ISAM or Forgerock
- Have natural curiosity, initiative and innovation
- Evidence of programming interests (i.e. examples of your own code)
- A desire to learn
- Good problem solving skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
- Have good team working skills and can collaborate with others
- Have the confidence to present solutions and problems to a mixed audience
- Be performance driven
- Taking responsibility for one’s own personal development
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary (dependent on skills & experience)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Aviva is the UK’s No.1 insurer and the sixth-largest financial services organisation in the world. Our purpose is to Defy Uncertainty for our customers. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. We definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Jenny Dao in the Resourcing team on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.