Contract Term: Temporary (Ongoing)
Working Times: 35 hours per week
Rotational shifts pattern working between 12pm and 11pm, 5 out of 7 days including some weekends.
Benefits: Full 4-6 weeks of paid training
Competitive pay rate/Pay progression
Overtime and bonus incentives
Great onboard training
Casual dress code
Instant access to Blue Arrows online training portal
Instant access to online retail discounts
Are you looking to change your line of work? Do you have a clear credit and criminal record?
Would working for a large, well-known UK retail banking brand enhance the credibility of your CV?
If you’re a natural when it comes to talking to people and you’re the type of person who recognises and appreciates excellent customer service, we may have the opportunity for you.
These are rotational shifts, 12pm to 10pm working 5 out of 7 days and do include some weekend work. Pay rates are higher for the less sociable hours, however we believe in matching the right person for the job instead of trying to make people fit working hours that don’t fit their lifestyle. So, if you’re interested in this job and have a regular pattern of hours that you can work, we’d love to hear from you as there are so many vacancies for your skills with Lloyds Banking Group over the next few months that we’re sure we can find something that suits you.
Career progression prospects are high if that’s what you’re interested but most important stability of income is on offer with these permanent positions and you’d be working with a fantastic employer.
No previous experience is necessary, just a good knowledge of basic Microsoft Word, Excel and familiarity with using the web will hold you in good stead. Previous customer service experience is important but doesn’t have to be from a call centre background, if you’re used to dealing with customers face-to-face, you have the potential to become an exceptional Customer Service Advisor by phone.
The recruitment process takes a couple of weeks, you’d expect this though as a customer of banking services, you want to know that the people handling your calls can be trusted with people’s sensitive and personal data. Once you pass the vetting process, you have the chance to join a large, busy and friendly contact centre team, taking calls from a wide range of people and helping them resolve their queries. Whether customers call to transfer money, set up a standing order, or simply check their balance, you’ll be ready to provide a professional and helpful service, every time. And you’ll use your computer skills to record your results.
Your work location is easy to get to with it being located on Robertson Street, G2 8JD just a stone’s throw from Glasgow Central Station. There are a couple of bus stops within a few meters of the site on Argyle Street. Local buses, 1, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E and X4 all service this location.
Role Focused Skills:
- Manage inbound customer queries relating to telephone banking in a polite and effective manner.
- Complete telephony, digital and admin-based tasks to service customer queries
- Take ownership of customer problems, solving them at first point of contact and escalate when required
- Build long lasting professional relationships with the bank’s customers that will exceed their expectations
- Deal with customer data ethically and in accordance with the FSA requirements
- Collaborate within the team to clarify facts, exchange information or resolve enquiries and issues
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the banking group by identifying and taking ownership of opportunities for improvement to the processes you use, the services you will provide and the values you can add to the group.
- Demonstrate consistently the banking group’s values and behaviors
- Take ownership of personal development and training, through regular review of performance against business objectives, and take responsibility for self-development
- Support the wider team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met
- Personally contribute to an environment where colleagues want to work and customers feel valued
- Carry out a range of processing tasks and handling of customer calls ensuring relevant productivity and quality measures are achieved for customers in line with specified process and procedures
- Provide a high quality service to customers comprising of handling inbound & outbound calls and undertaking a range of processing tasks. This will be achieved as part of a flexible model to support the business in meeting customer demands within agreed service levels.
- Excellent communication – oral and written
- Embrace 'in the moment' coaching to develop your skills and knowledge
- Continuous improvement mind set which will be evidenced in the improvement of customer centric measures
- Developing over time, a deeper level of expertise in all areas of the banking group’s end-to-end goals
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work across multiple tasks within required deadlines
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player
- Previous customer service experience
- Clear credit history & Clear criminal record