A Contact Centre Consultant is responsible for dealing with in-bound telephone calls from customers regarding all aspects of our Life and Pension products.
The purpose of this role is to deliver excellent customer service to our customers (which include IFA’s, direct sales and our clients. You will be set performance targets whilst ensuring our customers are treated in a fair and consistent manner taking into account their individual circumstances.
- Ensure that a prompt, friendly and helpful service is delivered to our customers
- Promote positive customer/distributor perceptions continuously developing relationships aligned to Company Values.
- Finalise as many customer calls as possible at the first point of contact, liaising with our back office teams where necessary.
- Take ownership of customer/IFA problems and where necessary follow a problem through to its ultimate completion.
- Take an active role in group meetings, offering opinions and raising solutions, listening to others and assisting them in finding solutions to any team challenges.
- Generate continuous improvement ideas to improve customer experience or the efficiency/effectiveness of the Contact Centre.
- Answer enquiries accurately and keep up to date with changes, maintain appropriate level of functional and technical expertise, including knowledge of products, procedures, service, system and frameworks.
- With Team Manager/Development Coach identify development needs and seek opportunities to demonstrate competence in all aspects of the job function and regularly review own development plan.
- Identify Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) issues and communicate them to a TCF Champion for resolution.
Experience & Skills
- Customer service experience
- Good standard of general education (Minimum qualifications - Grade C in Maths & English at GCSE level, Grade 4 in the new grading system)
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills
- PC Literate
- A friendly, helpful and positive telephone manner
Desired Experience & Skills
- Previous contact centre or financial services experience
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality and delivering excellent customer service
- An optimistic, open and flexible approach to change
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Flexible, Reliable and punctual
- Ability to establish a good rapport with others and be a strong team player
If you feel you are suited to this role with relevant experience, please apply now!