I am currently looking for a food focused Commis chef or Demi chef de partie to join the brigade at this beautiful country inn, set just outside Hungerford in West Berkshire.
The Role: Commis Chef OR Demi CDP
The Location: Hungerford, West Berkshire
The Salary: From £18,500 to £20,000
The Extras: Share of tronc tips, free accommodation & staff meals
This classic country inn set in the West Berkshire countryside just a stone's throw from the famed Valley of the Racehorse is now looking to appoint a passionate Commis or Demi Chef de Partie.
The current owner bought the Inn two years ago and has steadily upgraded all areas including luxury fixtures and fittings to its 11 en-suite bedrooms, upgraded and extended the kitchen area, added a 20 seat private function room with its own bar, plus many more features.
- Ideal candidates will be deeply passionate about food and have bags of drive and energy.
- Will be able to integrate and become immersed into a close knit team.
- Is reliable, conscientious and punctual.
- Has experience in busy kitchens.
- Is passionate about using fresh, seasonal and local produce.
- Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares.
- Is extremely organised, works well under pressure.
- Is able to communicate well with the team both BOH & FOH.
- Is able to adhere to company and legal safety standards and procedures.
Working directly with the Head Chef to develop the menus. Chance to progress your career with a strong and soon to be expanding business.
The inn is the hub of the local community and is a firm favourite with the racing locals and travellers along the M4 corridor.
The Head Chef sources only be best and freshest ingredients for the menu and specials. Specials are daily and change from lunch to dinner service. The chef keeps the offering fresh by changing the menu each month as well.
The drinks menu is just as fine as the food offering with a huge selection of over 50 Gin's and Whiskies, local ales and a fine wine selection to suit every taste and budget.
The hotel side of the business runs at a high occupancy with a great corporate and equestrian trade mid-week, followed by leisure guests on a weekend.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.