Are you looking to work social hours in Catering trade? Are you passionate about the industry and want to establish your career as a Chef? Do you have high standards of food preparation and service? This opportunity is just right for you!
Currently recruiting for a Commis Chef at one of the Education sites in Hassocks that is run by a national Contract Catering Company. As a Commis Chef you will work as part of the team, supporting Senior Chefs and catering for large numbers. This position will offer you progression, skills development and great work life balance whilst being paid great salary for doing what you love! Working 5/7 days on straight shifts; 40 hrs per week; 6am-14:30pm or 11am - 7pm.
Your main responsibilities as a Commis Chef will include (Hassocks):
- Assist in food preparation and service
- Assist with deliveries and stock take
- Monitor portion control and food wastage
- Ensuring food safety and health & hygiene
- Produce dishes to meet the required standard
What you need to get the job as Commis Chef(Hassocks):
- Qualified to NVQ Level 1 and 2 or Equivalent
- Be able to go through an enhanced DBS Check
- Experience working on the kitchen in a busy environment
- Willingness to learn, progress and take your career further
- Great annual salary of £17,700
- Offering you a work/life balance
- Great benefits and opportunity for career progression within this national company.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the “APPLY” button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must
either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process