London, Bristol, Norwich, Sheffield
Cloud Service Delivery Lead
The Cloud service delivery lead will work for the Head of Cloud Engineering and be the interface between the technical build teams and the business. Working alongside Platform Architects and the DevOps Leads to actively monitor and manage Agile delivery of platform services, including delivery management of technical platform changes.
They will also engage in the operational aspects of the cloud platform within the remit of the DevOps feature teams, drive development and delivery, cost and resource management of Platform Services.
What you’ll do in more detail
- Work with the Product Owner (Head of engineering), Architects, DevOps Leads and lead developers to maintain the delivery roadmap and plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Support the roadmap for Cloud Services within Aviva and the adoption of new platform services.
- Drive the teams to ensure what is committed to is delivered in each iteration.
- Communicate progress with the wider cloud team, stakeholders and senior management.
- Participate with the DevOps feature teams with Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives.
- Facilitate the elimination of delivery blockers within and outside the team.
- Actively communicate with DevOps Leads and the Product Owner to ensure that the teams are always delivering to the product owners requirements, and any issues are raised and resolved.
- Manage the plan for the delivery of technical activities to maintain technical platform assets.
- Plan and coordinate deployment with the Product owner and DevOps Leads, driving delivery of change to meet business needs and agreed commitments.
- Protect teams from outside interruptions, to maintain focus and delivery velocity.
- Support the Head of engineering with engagement with key stakeholders and customers to actively support and coordinate technical deliveries.
- Work with the Head of engineering/DevOps Leads to understand and deliver platform improvement and roadmap priorities.
- Support the Head of engineering to drive platform strategy through operational innovation, leveraging CCoE (e.g. tools, methods, ways of working, etc).
- Adapt team ways of working and service delivery model to embrace standards, methods, ways of working as developed / agreed with CCoE (S/W development processes, tools, Release Process, Test Services, Deployment methods (e.g. DevOps), etc)
- Adhere to agreed CCoE (Cloud centre of excellence) standards, ways of working, use of tools, processes, etc
- Ensure Cloud services are delivered as an enterprise, production, class service from inception to operational support.
- Manage engagement of new requirements into the platform, supporting the Head of engineering with effective prioritisation and new feature requests.
- Responsible for related service availability, incident resolution, problem resolution, vulnerability removal, technical refreshes, disaster recovery, capacity and demand, performance.
- Effective coordination between multiple teams/suppliers to support the resolution of incidents, managing and driving resolution of incidents under pressure. Effective and confident when dealing with senior business stakeholders.
- Compliance with Business Protection Controls and IT Standards which impact Run.
- Act as gatekeeper to new platform deliveries into the Production environment ensuring there are no risks to service continuity.
- Evaluate business feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Act as a point of contact for teams wishing to engage with the platform and understand its capabilities and plans.
- Be able to interpret business value to provide tracking, governance and support for new requirements.
- Review and allocate Run costs within the Platform to ensure cost transparency
The successful candidate
You will no doubt have a breadth of great experience already, but we think to be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
- Demonstrable proficiency as a senior technical project or programme manager across multiple teams in a deeply technical and agile environment
- Proven experience in scrum, project and programme management
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Previous experience of being responsible for technical run service management
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex high pressurised situations to a successful conclusion
- Ability to manage complex issues ensuring delegated actions are completed to the appropriate standards
- Proven track record of managing technical projects and working with third parties
- Experience in Atlassian tools: Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of modern Cloud technologies and delivery mechanisms.
- Experience managing large scale platforms/services, cloud platforms experience is desirable
- Outstanding planning and communication skills and able to lead conversations with development and product teams with the ability to build strong, influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, incredibly time-pressured environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent
- Influencing and negotiation experience
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420