As a Chef de Partie you will be working for an in house catering at the Education Unit based in Chichester. You can expect a rare immersive environment with a forward thinking approach, strong professional connections and a rich heritage of creativity.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and oversee the production of all meals produced during the shift and in preparation for other shifts.
- To supervise the activities of all the Commis Chefs & Kitchen Porters during the shift.
- Take responsibility for the ordering of stock as required and directed by the Head Chef.
- Participate in training programmes as required and, in liaison with the Head Chef, ensure that training requirements for team members are identified and followed up.
- Ensure that high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
What you need to get the job:
- At least one year’s experience working at a similar level of responsibility
- C & G 706 1/2 or NVQ 1/2 qualification or equivalent
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge and experience of food costing
- Be able to pass strict security clearance
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn and progress
- Hours worked 5 days over 7 (including weekends and bank holidays) on a rota basis, straight shifts, and hours to meet the needs of the business.
- 31 days per holiday year (1 October to 30 September) inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Free staff meals
- Contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, Employee Assistance Programme, free and discounted places on short courses.
Act Now: Press the Apply Button!!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.