Great pay rate.
On site free parking.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant/Cafe
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- previous experience as a Chef de Partie
- Ability and desire to motivate a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory experience
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams