Chef required for Activity Centre located on the outskirts of Southampton. As a Chef you will required to produce high quality food for large numbers. This position is based on a 37.5 hour per week contract. The shift will be 37.5 hrs p/w - working 3 weekends out of 4. Friday 12noon-7pm; Saturday 7am-7pm; Sunday 7am-3pm; Monday 7am-3pm - no late night working… This company offers excellent career opportunities to develop and progress.
Your main responsibilities as a Chef will include:
- Running a section within the kitchen
- Producing dishes to meet the required standard
- Ensuring food safety and health and hygiene
- Experience cooking with fresh produce
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn and progress
- 7061/2 or NVQ equivalent, or proven experience
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of meeting dietary needs
- Staff supervision, Stock control
- 37.5 hour contact
- Straight day shifts + meals on duty
- 1 Weekend off each month
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.