York & Norwich
Change Lead – Global Service Delivery
Aviva Global Service Delivery is an award winning and innovative IT department that supports the Aviva Group community. We are looking for a candidate who has a proven track record of managing programmes in a technical environment and the gravitas to manage stakeholder relationships up to board level.
The IT Change Lead position is required to be the point of contact for external projects being deployed into IT across the globe and to ensure that programs of internal IT change are driven through to operational readiness. The scope of this role is to manage all Global BAU change for the Service Delivery function ensuring this outcome is delivered
- Proactively manage all projects that interface with the Global Service Delivery department, leading for and on behalf of IT on all external programmes of work across all areas of the business and delivering an internal programme of work
- Manage the end-to-end programme from business case, resourcing, financials and gate process to deployment into operational readiness in accordance with Aviva Project Management disciplines
- Provide excellent levels of leadership for both internal and partner resources.
- Identify, own and manage the specific key risks and/or IT controls and BP standards that you are identified as the owner and/or nominee for on iCARE.
- Ensure that issues and actions associated to controls / risks are remediated in a timely manner.
- Maintain and deliver accurate records and reports, escalating the status of the relevant risks, controls and standards as appropriate
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the Global IT Services from GIO, working in association with the operational teams to drive service improvement
- End to end project lifecycle management essential
- ITIL Foundation, ITIL Service Management or relevant experience
- Business case creation and financial management
- Ability to influence others effectively to achieve the required outcome
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capability of managing work in a time-pressured environment
- Previous experience of delivering and managing projects in a complex IT environment
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced IT Service Delivery environment
- Working with and managing outsourced IT services and suppliers
- IT Infrastructure, hardware or software deployment knowledge
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative – but be prepared to accept direction where necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business communities
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Vicky Gianre in the Resourcing team on 0117 928 4420