The School was founded in 1879 and from these modest beginnings the School has grown to be an internationally renowned independent day and boarding preparatory school for over 200 aged 8 to 13.
- The Role: Chef de partie
- The Location: Oxford
- The Salary: From £12.50 per hour
- The Hours: 37.5 per week, Full Time 32 weeks per year
- The Days: Monday to Sunday any five days out of seven, as per weekly Rota
- The Shifts: 6.30am to 2.30pm or 11.15am to 7.15pm or 9am to 5pm
To provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service at this prestige private school.
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- To compile all food orders for sections under your supervision, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef; to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
- To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
- To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To demonstrate and instruct Commis Chefs in food preparation and cooking skills as directed by the Sous / Head Chef
- To adhere to the company's Food Safety, Hygiene, and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company's Food Safety, Hygiene, and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.