The School was founded in 1879 and from these modest beginnings the School has grown to be an internationally renowned independent day and boarding preparatory school for over 200 aged 8 to 13.
- The Role: Chef de partie
- The Location: Oxford
- The Salary: From £12.50 per hour
- The Hours: 37.5 per week, Full Time 40.12 weeks per year
- The Days: Monday to Sunday any five days out of seven, as per weekly Rota
- The Shifts: 6.30am to 2.30pm or 11.15am to 7.15pm or 9am to 5pm
To provide a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service at this prestige private school.
- To plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Sous / Head Chef.
- To assist in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, and to be passionate about developing new styles of service and concepts in the location.
- To assist with stock taking when required.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of your section as appropriate.
- To compile all food orders for sections under your supervision, ensuring food standards and cost are agreed with the Head Chef; to ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
- To gain an understanding of food costing, sales mix and menu planning.
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
- To treat members of the team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To demonstrate and instruct Commis Chefs in food preparation and cooking skills as directed by the Sous / Head Chef
- To adhere to the company's Food Safety, Hygiene, and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company's Food Safety, Hygiene, and Health & Safety policies and procedures.