This catering roles offers 40 hours a week Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7am and 3pm. The role is initially a temporary ongoing role, with the opportunity for a permanent work placement for the right candidate.
The client is looking for an immediate start, so interviews will be arranged quickly. Working within the catering department, proving food and beverages within a staff canteen, you will be working alongside the chefs and other members of the kitchen team. As a kitchen and catering assistant you will be responsible for the preparation and delivery of the food, and also maintaining the kitchen cleanliness ensuring compliance with food safety regulations. This is an extremely fast paced role, so the ability to work well under pressure and efficiently is essential.
Successful applicants will have a minimum of 6 months catering background, excellent communication skills: as you will be required to communicate with a variety of team members and customers.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of foods, assisting the team of chefs where possible.
- Working on the front counter serving customers in a friendly, polite and efficient manner.
- Ensuring the kitchen is clean, safe and up keeping with Food Hygiene standards at all times.
- Adhering to due diligence: through the taking and recording of food temperatures, correct and accurate labelling of food and completion of weekly and daily cleaning jobs.
- Cleaning of utensils, pans and kitchen equipment.
- Previous background in kitchen environments.
- Flexible with working pattern and must be able to work Monday - Friday between 7am and 3pm. Shift patterns may vary dependant on the needs of the business so flexibility is key.
- Ability to work individually and alongside a team, reporting to a supervisor and catering manager.
- Ability to stay calm whilst working under high pressure.
- A friendly, outgoing, polite personality.
- Driver's license and own vehicle would be beneficial due to the location of the client.
- Holiday pay up to 28 days a year
- Working for a top 100 employer
- Discount scheme offering discounts at a variety of high street stores
- Pension scheme
- Living wage paid for all age groups
- Training provided