I am recruiting for a number of catering assistant to work within the Gloucester NHS service, this is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a supportive team in a friendly work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- To hold or be prepared to acquire Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- To be able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- To have good communication skills
- It would be desirable to have previous experience of working in a catering or retail environment
- To be customer/patient focused.
- To be physically fit
- To provide patients, staff and visitors with an efficient and timely food and beverage service in a polite and courteous manner in order to achieve high standard of service customers would expect
- To wash up cutlery, crockery, utensils, equipment and containers, ensuring a clean and safe food and beverage service is available at all times
- To undertake general cleaning duties within catering department and associated areas, following safe systems of work and achieving agreed standards
- To follow departmental instructions for safe working practices within the department and ward service points and to advise management of faults or hazards with equipment or in working practices so action can be take
- Preparation for service, portioning and presentation of meals, checking for Special Diets and liaising with nursing staff to ensure high standards are achieved consistently.
- To assist in the setting up and clearing down of central plating area
- The dishing up of patients meals, ensuring the portioning and presentation are in line with departmental standards, i.e. meals for special diets are correct according to menu cards or instructions from dieticians
- Collect menu cards from wards and departments in a timely fashion in readiness for the daily service
- To co-operate with other members of staff to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the department
- To assist in the dispatch and delivery of meals for patients, visitors and staff and collection of meal trolleys from Ward areas
- To be responsible for basic food preparation as directed by Production Supervisor
- To be responsible for the collection and disposal of waste from one’s own specific work area
- To report to a supervisor any accident/incident immediately it occurs
- To maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance
- To observe the correct use and care of equipment, reporting any damage, malfunction or maintenance requirements to a supervisor
- To observe and comply with all elements of personal hygiene with regard to the Food Safety Act and Regulations
- To attend any training courses identified as relevant to the post or in an effort to assist personal development
- To comply with all Trust Policies, Procedures and initiatives, in particular the ‘Assured Safe Catering’ document
- To ensure that where appropriate all stock is rotated so that, on all occasions, older stock is used first
- To accurately complete basic departmental documentation to meet requirements of Food Hygiene