About the job
We support departments, functions and professions across Whitehall in recruiting for the skills that they need. Our work varies enormously as we flex between dealing with campaigns where we are searching for professionals in scarce or hard to recruit markets, through to campaigns that attract large volumes of applicants, and everything in-between.
Due to continued growth Government Recruitment Service is seeking enthusiastic and organised individuals to join our evolving team, and help contribute to our aim of delivering a world class recruitment and selection service. We have two roles split across two of our sites.
Recruitment Campaign Manager - Newcastle and London:
As a Recruitment Campaign Manager, you will sit at the heart of Government and have direct influence on the ability of Government Departments and Professions to hire the right talent that they need to be able to deliver for the citizen. You will work with a team of experienced recruitment professionals, in a fast-paced and supportive operational environment, where you can quickly and regularly see the impact you are having on the Civil Service.
Pre-employment checks Campaign Manager - Newcastle only:
As a Campaign Manager on pre-employment checks (PEC), you will be responsible for the effective operational delivery of resourcing requirements to customers’ from across Government. You will lead and manage a resourcing team of EO Team Leaders and AO Checkers who are responsible for managing the internal and external checks end-to-end process.
Activities will include:
• Providing expert recruitment advice;
• Working alongside your Senior Account Manager to plan and deliver a range of recruitment campaigns. This could include drafting candidate attraction material, producing a candidate information pack, working alongside the Occupational Psychology team to produce selection and assessment criteria or suggested interview questions and drafting feedback letters to successful/unsuccessful candidates;
• Working with your vacancy holder, HRBP and/or retained HR teams to plan their recruitment needs to ensure value for money, engaging external suppliers where appropriate
• Providing clear leadership to the operational delivery teams within your command to ensure that work is allocated appropriately and completed on time and to a high standard;
• Managing upwards to support your Senior Account Manager in building positive stakeholder relationships;
• Pro-actively managing risks and issues as they emerge during campaigns and escalating where appropriate;
• Ensuring oversight of the financial costs of running campaigns for departments;
• Supporting the successful implementation of business change by being proactive and innovative and contributing to the future vision of GRS;
• Developing a “one team” ethos by working flexibly across teams to support colleagues.
You will have strong planning and project management skills, with experience of delivering consistently high outputs in a fast-paced environment. You will also have strong communication and stakeholder engagement experience. Finally, you will be someone who enjoys taking responsibility and ownership of your work, with a strong will to deliver for the customer.
It is desirable for you to have a working knowledge of recruitment practices. It is also desirable for you to have experience of managing a team in a fast-paced, operational environment.
For further information about the role please see the attached Candidate Information Pack.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace