The overall purpose of this role is to provide an efficient café bar service to students, staff and visitors in the Department.
- The Role: Café Bar Supervisor
- Location: Jericho, Oxford
- Salary: From £17,079 to £20,836 dependant on experience
- Hours: 36.5 per week
- Shifts: 7:30am to 3:30pm or 3:30pm to 10:30pm
- Days: 5 out of 7 days
On average the Cafe Bar Supervisor will work an average of 36.5 hours per week and may be required to work extra hours on occasion.
The normal opening hours of the Café Bar are from 8.00am - 10.45pm, 7 days a week.
These hours may vary due to business levels and customer requirements.
In addition the cafe supervisor provides assistance to the catering team with service in the dining room and to the meeting rooms.
The Café Bar and a catering operation offers a breakfast and lunch service which is provided on a daily basis.
Dinner is provided on request and is usually served on average three times per week, depending on business requirements.
- Provide a café and bar service to all users of the Department
- Provide tea and coffee services for scheduled refreshment breaks
- Prepare paninis, toasted sandwiches etc. and a variety of hot beverages to order
- Collect, from meeting rooms, any crockery and / or glasses that may have been left after service
- Ensure that all areas of service are clean and in a tidy condition for guests
- Regularly clean ashtrays from the courtyard
- Be responsible for keeping the area well stocked with all drink items, ensuring that we have the correct stock levels for business
- Providing a weekly order to the Senior Restaurant Manager for beverages and coffee
- Ensure that any wastage is recorded accurately on the Wastage Log
- Wash glasses in the glasswasher and ensure that there is ample quantity of clean glasses in the bar at all times
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is followed and maintain the area in a clean hygienic condition
- The Cafe Bar Supervisor also places items through the main kitchen dishwasher in the absence of a kitchen porter
- Operating the till, taking payments and doing the cashing up at the end of each shift, making sure that any variances are explained on the day
- Maintain the coffee vending machine, refilling it with supplies and cleaning
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.