A dynamic opportunity has arisen within the Global CIO team for a Business Operations Manager that will be reporting into the Group CIO.
You will provide trusted guidance, support, advice and insight to the Global CIO and her leadership team in the achievement of the strategic priorities for the Global CIO function. You will have the opportunity to partner with appropriate individuals across the business to influence and shape the design of strategy and event planning for Group CIO. Significant shifts and trends occurring in technology will require stronger functional leadership in IT and more collaboration and convergence of IT solutions globally. You will work partner with the Global CIO and her leadership team to develop exceptional working relationships across Group CIO and the wider business to enable quick resolution of issues and access to relevant information.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving and improving the operations and processes of the function including any of; performance, resourcing, supplier management, planning, financial reporting, governance and risk
- Managing function finances to approved budget levels
- Running/Coordinating the majority of the day to day activities within the CIO’s office.
- Developing and building a communications strategy for the function
- Supporting the development of a global community for the function
- Collaborate with function leaders to define, develop and deliver the required services across the function
- Build effective working relationships and influence
- Being a change advocate, able to identify, anticipate and drive change to secure and improve performance. Change could come in many forms; changes to structure, working patterns of the team to application of the approved budget or work processes core to the role.
About You – Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience of large scale transformation projects within a matrix environment
- Previous Multi-site experience – international experience preferred
- Sound knowledge and understanding of technology strategy, current trends in technology and implications
- Previous experience of budget oversight
- Demonstrable experience of driving insights and decision make through data analysis
- The successful candidate will be a skilled collaborator and negotiator, able to interact and influence internal function leaders and stakeholders to define, develop and deliver the required services across the business as well interacting and forging successful relations with external suppliers. You will demonstrate high levels of cross-cultural influencing and will leverage this skill to facilitate the business requirements.
- Being an adept problem solver is going to be essential for success in this role; skilled at dealing with both ad-hoc issues as well as any problems that are not routine such as technical work, people, finance and implementation of change. You will be of an analytical nature, able to gather information, consider multiple options and draw conclusions on a case-by-case basis and be able to clearly demonstrate lessons learnt Guidelines and policy can help, but at the heart of this role there is an expectation that you would exercise your judgement based on professional experience and know when to escalation is necessary to drive resolution.
- Previous experience of operating at senior management levels within the business is essential.
What will you get for this role?
- Highly competitive salary
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ali Aurakzai in the Resourcing team on Ali.Aurakzai@Aviva.com