Assistant Catering Manager40 hours per week
Term time plus 9 additional days
Local Government Pension Scheme
£17,602 per annum - Equivalent to £11.28ph
This is an exciting opportunity to support the Catering Manager in leading our excellent and innovative catering service providing a very high standard of quality food for our students, staff and visitors. As an experienced supervisor with a passion for good food and presentation, delivering excellence in customer service will be a natural way of working for you. Knowledge of current Health and Safety Regulations relating to this work is essential.
Main Responsibilities are to assist the Catering Manager in the following:
- Preparation, cooking and service of good quality and healthy food, as applicable to a choice menu and full refreshment service at lunchtime and other times of the day as required, e.g. mid-morning break.
- Directors’ meals, Buffet lunches and tea trays to be provided for the Principal and guests upon request.
- Planning good quality healthy menus incorporating, as required, the needs of the children on medically prescribed diets.
- Ensuring the catering provision is in line with current Government legislation and guidelines as amended from time to time.
- Control of the Servery during meals service.
- Checking and recording all food and other goods received, and where necessary, reporting any discrepancy or quality defect.
- General supervision of kitchen premises and staff to ensure that safe and hygienic working practices are undertaken and maintained.
- Induction training of new staff.
- Instruction in craft skills to existing staff.
- Management of staff hours to keep within a staffing budget.
- Management of food costs to keep within the food cost budget.
- Providing good quality food on a daily basis in both restaurants, promoting healthy eating.
- To ensure that all working areas are clean and hygienic.
- Ensuring the highest possible standards of cleanliness are maintained for equipment.
- To ensure the staff room dishwasher is loaded following the morning break service, ensuring the staff room is left in a clean condition.
- Daily and routine maintenance of the equipment, this includes, cleaning the floors in the kitchen, weekly filter cleaning, removing excess waste off table tops into refuse sacks once the canteen is closed, followed by table top wiping using relevant detergents.
- Complaints of ill health and poor quality will be recorded, investigated and, where necessary, remedied.
- Liaison, as required, with the Principal, or other delegated staff and on occasions with parents and other visitors to the Unit, also with Suppliers as necessary.
- Annual stocktaking of kitchen and dining equipment.
- Catering for Academy functions or other authority functions as required.
- Ordering of food.
- Stocktaking and completion of necessary documentation and forwarding to the Academy’s finance office - monthly and at the end of the financial year.
- Recording additional staff hours and forwarding to the Academy’s finance office - monthly.
- Attending interviews for staff as required.
- Requisitioning of light kitchen equipment and cleaning materials, annually and biannually respectively, and maintaining the appropriate records.
- Reporting any defects regarding premises or equipment, as required.
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by the Principal
If you believe you have the commitment to work in an Academy which seeks to raise achievement as well as set and maintain high standards and expectations, then click APPLY now