We are looking to speak to graduates with a maths based degree, For example, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Science and obviously, Maths or Actuarial Science!
Purpose of Role:
The Actuarial Rectifications Team play a key role in ensuring that policies are managed in line with the policy provisions, policyholders’ expectations and FCA requirements.
The key purpose of the role is to assist the team with additional actuarial input into a number of important projects including:
- Analysing different remediation approaches and writing options papers
- Writing calculation specs
- Building models in Excel or Access
- Testing IT models
- Performing remediation calculations for policies and checking calculation
- Handling queries relating to the use of the models
- Determining approaches to non-standard cases.
- Ensuring issues, cost implications and practical constraints are taken into account when formulating solutions.
- Reviewing and writing report documents relating to the project
Key competencies, knowledge & skills:
- Strong technical ability in analysing problems, determining solutions and specifying calculations
- Mathematical related degree
- Previous company-wide project experience preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills